Introduction to rubiscape
Today, the world stands at the threshold of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Data science and data analytics are identified as the pre-eminent accelerating factors to boost industrial, technological, scientific, and eventually human capacity.
There is a huge flux of data science platforms, which includes software that is used to affiliate resources, data analysis products, analytical tools, and knowledge base that are deployed throughout the data science lifecycle. These platforms are being used widely nowadays, not just as technical skillsets, but as business intelligence equipment to improve organizational efficiency.
rubiscape is one such innovative data science platform. It integrates the art and science of data to help you discover the world of data intelligence and fuel your imagination from Insight to Foresight!
Figure: rubiscape Platform and Products
What is rubiscape
rubiscape is a new age data science platform. It takes care of all your data needs while maintaining harmony amongst heterogeneous systems. It aids open-source, algorithms, computation, and decision-makers to work seamlessly. rubiscape makes data science accessible to everyone —students, small businesses, and big organizations.
rubiscape is a simplified data science platform that does not require any coding knowledge. If you have built models in any of the programming languages like Java, Python, or R; you can build the same on the rubiscape platform.
As compared to other data science tools available, rubiscape as a platform is more dynamic and customizable to suit your requirements.
Need of rubiscape
Data exists everywhere, both in structured as well as unstructured forms. However, it is counterproductive if it is not captured, cultivated, analyzed, and leveraged.
Open Innovation is at the core of new-age business models. Thus, the real challenge is to have instant access to diverse data and simplified analytical processing in order to gain deeper insights and make a better impact.
Enterprises, Academia, and Governments are not able to leverage their diverse data due to lack of skills, expensive and complex tools, huge time and efforts, and investment required.
The Solution – rubiscape – a New Age Data Science Platform!
rubiscape unleashes new values from data for enterprises, institutions, and individuals, through co-creation and continuous innovation.
rubiscape provides an end-to-end Data Science Platform for developing, deploying, and managing real-time decision Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The rubiscape architecture incorporates a powerful integration of Big Data as well as open-source ecosystem.
The mission of rubiscape is to help people connect their curiosity and experience with ‘any data’. It aims to simplify Data Science through innovative tools and techniques.
With rubiscape, one can
- Manage data complexity
- Maintain data integrity
- Master data diversity
- Nurture data culture
Features of rubiscape
rubiscape is another word for a holistic yet evolving world of data innovation. With the rubiscape platform, we combine our passion and expertise in data science and analytics, providing cloud scalability, managed services, accelerators, and frameworks to make your data innovation successful.
Some of the key features of rubiscape are given below.
Faster Machine Learning
- Rapidly build the best models for statistical analysis using a rich library of more than hundred pre-built machine learning algorithms and functions
- Conduct machine learning (supervised as well as unsupervised)
- Use Natural Language Processing
Powered by Artificial Intelligence
- Consume API-based AI/ML models with image processing, video processing, and text processing aligned with business processes or applications
- Seamlessly integrate plug and play customizable components according to the needs and evolving expectations of the industry
- Developed with high open-source technologies
- Offered on Cloud as SaaS model
- Simple to access and easy on the pocket (compared to the existing proprietary and on-the-premise products)
- Engage in and enjoy model creation and collaboration
- Use rubiscape even with the basic knowledge of statistics and without prior knowledge of programming
Scalability & Performance
- Auto-scaling for dynamic workloads or sudden load surge
- Guaranteed optimum performance during any situation
- Organize all your data tasks into clearly identified projects
- Monitor audit trails for user activities, rights, and compliance with a dedicated dashboard
- Easy to use and simple interface for user management
- Create, edit, and delete users from an intuitive process
- Assign roles and access control while creating users
- Create groups of multiple users and assign rights
- Single platform for all user personas
- Creating and share project documentation/knowledge base using Project Wiki
- Share reusable components (datasets, models and so on) across various departments within the organization
- Manage rights of users on workspaces, projects, and datasets at all levels
- Provide edit, delete, and read rights to the users
- Add detailed descriptions on the objects (datasets, code, models, and so on)
- Choose from on-site deployment and cloud deployment options
- Single-machine server to support the needs of small to midsize organizations
- Handle growing data, increasing workloads and scalability requirements using distributed server
- Enterprise hosting
- Private or public cloud (similar to BYOL-Bring Your Own License functionality) infrastructure
- Managed Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Cloud Foundry Platform as a Service (PaaS) to support multiple cloud providers
rubiWise – an Agile Data Science Methodology
rubiwise is crafted using design thinking principles. It aims at simplifying data science through effective strategies - datasets (diverse sources and infrastructures), skillsets (talents and creativity), toolsets (rubiscape and open source), mindset (principles and ethos) to innovate and deliver value.
rubiscape Platform Architecture
A complete view of the rubiscape platform is shown below.
Figure: rubiscape Platform Architecture
The three phases of data analysis are input, insight, and impact. These are explained below.
- Input: Inputs are nothing but different sources of data. These include various location data, transactional databases, social media data, mobile application data, data obtained from various databases, IoT sensor data, and so on.
rubiflow and rubithings are used to connect the data with the application (Refer to rubiflow or rubithings).
- Insight: Insight is that part of the rubiscape platform where the data is stored, cleaned, aggregated, and analyzed to produce graphical output. The three main processes that take place in Insight are - Data Integration, Data Science, and Data Visualization. These three processes are described below.
- Data Integration - Data integration emerges from complex data center environments where multiple systems are creating large volumes of data. This data must be understood in an aggregate form, rather than in isolation. The aggregated data can then be used for predetermined analytical operations. On the rubiscape platform, once the data is connected to the application, it is essential to store the data. Depending upon the type of data, the data is stored in data repositories like Social Media, Email, Web Pages, IoT Edge, Data Lake, NoSQL, and Events.
- Data Science (Processing) - Data processing is the extraction of actionable insights from input data using a variety of techniques. In rubiscape platform, there are three modules for data processing, namely, rubiML, rubitext, and rubicast.
- Data Visualization - Data Visualization is the representation of data in graphical form. On the rubiscape platform, rubisight is a dashboard to see models and other results using a simple drag-and-drop functionality.
- Impact: Impact is the last phase where the processed data is accessed and seen on different applications (including mobile applications), dashboards, chat bots, and so on.
rubiscape Product Suite
rubiscape is a pioneering data innovation platform which unleashes new value from data for enterprises, institutions, and individuals through co-creation and continuous innovation.
The products available on the rubiscape platform are given below.
rubistudio is a simple no-code or low-code drag-and-drop visual model builder. It is used to build, evaluate, deploy, and publish model and reuse them whenever required.
The uniqueness of rubistudio is that it makes the process seamless. Data scientists can maintain multiple versions of models, integrate Python and R based models, and customize coding.
rubiflow is an integrated process designer to help users build and manage data flows with a visual, end-to-end event-based orchestrator. The data access engines of rubiflow provide a powerful and easy-to-use user interface that facilitates seamless collaboration, reuse of processes, and common metadata.
In rubiflow we handle data and perform data orchestration (check the accuracy of existing models) for which multiple models are available.
rubiML is used to build, train, test, tune and publish AI-ML Models easily and instantly. rubiML offers interactive data exploration. This makes it easy to design and optimize AI-ML models which boosts analytical productivity without any knowledge of coding.
In rubiML, predictive modelling is performed using ML (supervised or non-supervised). Operations like regression, classification, and clustering are done in rubiML.
rubiML can be used to build a Machine Learning model in a workbook. Here you can build, train, and test your models. Refer to Working with rubistudio.
rubiML can be used to run a prebuilt model in a workflow. You can publish your trained models in rubiflow and reuse these published models in real-life scenarios. Refer to Working with rubiflow.
rubitext combines the power of AI, ML, and Natural Language Processing to identify, mine, parse, categorize, cluster, and model textual data.
rubitext has a built-in powerful engine that simplifies word frequency analysis, pattern recognition, tagging/annotation, information extraction, link and association analysis and predictions to extract deeper insights.
rubithings provides connected intelligence and enriches the data experience for smart maximization of value by inter-networking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings, machines, electronics, software, and sensors with IoT and Machine-to-Machine applications.
rubicast is an integrated tool to streamline and automate the forecasting process. With rubicast, one can efficiently explore and analyze large volumes of time-series data without manually coding models.
rubisight is a visual data storytelling dashboard with a simple drag-and-drop functionality. Once the model is ready, it can be displayed on the dashboard in rubisight. It is a cloud-powered visual data exploration experience. rubisight enables business users achieve faster dashboard turnaround and provides flexibility in tapping data for any subject area. It does not require you to have the knowledge of coding or any specific technical skills.
Applications of rubiscape
The mission of rubiscape is to make data science accessible to everyone, right from a data enthusiast to a data expert. The rubiscape marketplace provides turn-key ready, end-to-end solutions. The rubiscape platform empowers every developer and data scientist, working in any sector, to build, train, and deploy ML models rapidly.
rubiscape is focused on providing a ready-to-use application for all market verticals. Enterprises can avail the opportunity of co-creation along with their customers and partners. rubiscape helps them build a new scalable business model for the partner ecosystem to utilize platform capability to build vertical-specific offerings.
Rubiscape can be used in multiple domains of various industry sectors. Some of the universal domains where rubiscape can be used are,
- Human Resource Management
- Fraud Detection
- Consumer Analysis
- Risk Assessment and Compliance
Additionally, the following table enlists some of the crucial industry sectors and the corresponding domains/segments where the rubiscape platform is employed.
Table : Application of Sectors and Domains where rubiscape can be applied
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
Thus, with its pre-built solutions/applications, rubiscape helps various industry sectors to accelerate their decision making and strategy formation with a focus on optimizing their Return on Investment (RoI).